Saturday 4 April 2009

On the end of the beginning...

I am running my first marathon tomorrow. So many months of meticulous preparation, and now I just have to put my shoes on and do it. This is a milestone; a chapter end. I feel so sleepy from the day of leisurely picnicking in La Place des Vosges and wandering the alluring streets of the Marais, and I'm a little annoyed about the calf that has been in a cramp for the past two days. But I have nothing else to think about now but remembering to put my timing chip on my shoe and finding the start on the Champs Elysees. Which is another reason why I love running. It has all the ingredients a dancer needs; simplicity, routine, autonomy, discipline, the beauty of seeing the world from within a heightened state. And, of course, plenty of pain. Vive le footing!

2 comments: