Wednesday 26 August 2009

On the red and the white

On a wild whim, I nagged my hair dresser into transforming me from a pale blonde into a raving redhead just before I emigrated to England. At first, I enjoyed comparing the weird differences that I noticed between the way men treat blondes and redheads (they were a little warier, possibly even a bit afraid...) But going back to blonde a year later was a relief. I felt like I had come home, like I had stopped wearing someone else's clothes. And now my agent has gone and got me an audition for a role in a new HBO series, requiring me to be a redhead again. And such is the nature of my crazy business that I am actually going to dye my hair red for one audition and then go back to blonde for my upcoming show! I have visions of myself as an octogenarian begging her hairdresser for a lavender rinse.

3 comments:

  1. Luckily you look equally gorgeous and head-turning as both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amber! You nicked my line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blonde is Tash and always shall be!

    ReplyDelete