Friday 2 October 2009

On the wonders of multi-tasking

Further to my previous post, wondering where the time is to be found to add football to my repertoire of physical exploits, I have been recounting the myriad ways I multi-task. While cycling around town, I practice accents, rehearse monologues and songs, and file my nails and apply lipstick (usually only at traffic lights!); I read while applying make up in the morning or putting my hair in rollers (currently reading short stories by David Foster Wallace, Uta Hagen's Respect For Acting, the plays of George Bernard Shaw, Shakespeare's Anthony and Cleopatra); iron while watching dvds and waiting for my cupcakes to bake, and of course, blog while I'm eating breakfast. The only time I really relax is while I'm in a dance studio lost in the music and the frustrating limitations of my body, or out on the road running, where all I can do is think, and think, and think.

1 comment:

  1. Quote: "usually only at traffic lights!

    I believe you. Millions wouldn't ;-)

    ReplyDelete